Newspaper Archive of
Catholic Northwest Progress
Seattle, Washington
December 12, 1947     Catholic Northwest Progress
PAGE 20     (20 of 96 available)        PREVIOUS     NEXT      Full Size Image
 
PAGE 20     (20 of 96 available)        PREVIOUS     NEXT      Full Size Image
December 12, 1947
 

Newspaper Archive of Catholic Northwest Progress produced by SmallTownPapers, Inc.
Website © 2019. All content copyrighted. Copyright Information.     Terms Of Use.     Request Content Removal.




f Page Eight The" CATHOLIC NORTHWEST PROGRESS . Conducted by the Religious of the Sacred Heart NIGH safOOL, ELEMENTARY AND PRE.SCHOOL DEPARTMENTS ccredlted by the State Board of Education and the Northwest Association of Secondary and Higher Schools RESIDENT AND DAY PUPILS For Full Information Address THE MOTHER SUPERIOR ": FOREST RIDGE CONVENT Interlaken Boulevard at Nineteenth Ave. North, Seattle 2 Phone EAst 6811 CHRISTMAS GREETINGS Emil G. Sick 1868 * ,ooaton 115 First Avenue South on the site now occupied by the Northern Hotel. O. C. Shorey in association with his brother- in-law, Lyman W. Bonney. Estimated population of Seattle was 675. -" 1881 In response to a need for larger quarters moved to the northwest corner of First Avenue and Columbia Street, where the Colman Building now stands. 1889 The Seattle fire on June 6, 1889, which started next door, destroyed their build- ing. Immediately they moved to a temporary location on the east side of Third Avenue just south of-Colum- bia Street, where the Lippy Building now stands. 1890 r. Sore,' orot  en over , George M. Stewart and the firm name was changed to Bonney & Stewart. 1893 The establishment was moved into a new brick building on the southwest corner of Third and Columbia. In the course of time that building was torn down, and at the present is the site occupied by a part of the Seattle Chamber of Com- merce Building. 1Qi'2 Harry Watson acquired the interest of J. George M. Stewart, who at that time was postmaster of Seattle, and the firm name was changed to Bonney-Watson Co. 10/ The growing establishment moved ]nto Jk Ik] ( the old Mackintosh mansion, at present the site of the Northern Life Tower. x1908 J" E. Drummey, now president and man- ager, became associated with the concern. 1912 The establishment moved into its present spacious quarters at Broadway and Olive. 1947 Bonney-Watson Co. completes its 79th year of continuous service to Seattle. Bonney-Watson C'o,,, El} IL DRUItqMEY J. L DRUMMEY L A. DRUMMEy FUNERAL DIRECTORS 1702 BROADWAY, SEATTLE EAst 0013 f Page Eight The" CATHOLIC NORTHWEST PROGRESS . Conducted by the Religious of the Sacred Heart NIGH safOOL, ELEMENTARY AND PRE.SCHOOL DEPARTMENTS ccredlted by the State Board of Education and the Northwest Association of Secondary and Higher Schools RESIDENT AND DAY PUPILS For Full Information Address THE MOTHER SUPERIOR ": FOREST RIDGE CONVENT Interlaken Boulevard at Nineteenth Ave. North, Seattle 2 Phone EAst 6811 CHRISTMAS GREETINGS Emil G. Sick 1868 * ,ooaton 115 First Avenue South on the site now occupied by the Northern Hotel. O. C. Shorey in association with his brother- in-law, Lyman W. Bonney. Estimated population of Seattle was 675. -" 1881 In response to a need for larger quarters moved to the northwest corner of First Avenue and Columbia Street, where the Colman Building now stands. 1889 The Seattle fire on June 6, 1889, which started next door, destroyed their build- ing. Immediately they moved to a temporary location on the east side of Third Avenue just south of-Colum- bia Street, where the Lippy Building now stands. 1890 r. Sore,' orot  en over , George M. Stewart and the firm name was changed to Bonney & Stewart. 1893 The establishment was moved into a new brick building on the southwest corner of Third and Columbia. In the course of time that building was torn down, and at the present is the site occupied by a part of the Seattle Chamber of Com- merce Building. 1Qi'2 Harry Watson acquired the interest of J. George M. Stewart, who at that time was postmaster of Seattle, and the firm name was changed to Bonney-Watson Co. 10/ The growing establishment moved ]nto Jk Ik] ( the old Mackintosh mansion, at present the site of the Northern Life Tower. x1908 J" E. Drummey, now president and man- ager, became associated with the concern. 1912 The establishment moved into its present spacious quarters at Broadway and Olive. 1947 Bonney-Watson Co. completes its 79th year of continuous service to Seattle. Bonney-Watson C'o,,, El} IL DRUItqMEY J. L DRUMMEY L A. DRUMMEy FUNERAL DIRECTORS 1702 BROADWAY, SEATTLE EAst 0013